My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit -- http://blog.saurabhj.com and update your bookmarks.

Friday, June 24, 2005

That 'resulty' feeling ...

Do you remember that feeling ?
When you go up to collect your result ?

The anxiety ... butterflies crawling in the stomach ...
Suicidal tendencies ???

Today were the SSC ( Std X ) results for the Pune Univ ... and were of importance coz by bro was due to get his results today ...
From morning onwards ... he was tensed, harrassed by people calling to ask the results which he hadn't got ( results come out at 3 pm )
Anyways ... basically, he was pissed ... it was his first big examination results ... and it was showing ...

All his crying and self loathing eventually rubbed off on me ... and I was taken back to my time, when I got my 10th standard report ...

For all those of you who don't know, std X is the first exam we people give at the University level ...
At that age, it is the 'grand poo-ba' of all exams ... the very feared class to be in ...

Anyways, my results were pathetic ... considering how much I had expected and how much I had gotten ...
I had come home, miserable ... and locked myself in ... hating myself ... for a couple of days, without any social contact ...

Now that I think of it ... it was pretty stupid ...
I had gotten some 81% ... and I was feeling miserable because I had expected marks in the upper echelons ... 88%

Anyways, the feeling stays ...
Just before you are handed your results ... you study the faces and expressions of people who have got their results ...
Trying to gauge how badly you are going to get slaughtered ...

There are only two feelings that one experiences when one peeks at the result at hand ...
One of utter disappointment ... the lowest you have felt of late ... or the sheer exuberance .. knowing that you didn't flunk out on that extremely dubious paper ... or maybe got the grade that had eluded you for the majority of your lifetime ...

Anyways ... the crux of this blog ... is 'the feeling before knowing'
Something, everyone should experience atleast once in their lifetime ...
( which we guys do twice every year now ... )

And after seeing so many summers, have wisely realised ... that in the end, marks don't mean a thing ...
They're just a crappy way of expanding the boundaries between people ... victims of a crappier education system ...

One of my favourite lines, which I sincerely trust in such situations ...
Everything will be alright in the End ...
If it's not ... it's not the end ...

And oh, by the way ... my bro got almost the same marks as me ... 80.66% ... ( I beat him by 2 marks ... hehehe :) )
That, after crying the entire day about getting 68% ... and he's not the scholarly type ... so we kinda believed him .... :p
Idiot !

2 comments:

Yuvi Panda said...

Hi Saurab. I am in 10th and I know How it feels, How the Marks are useless, How everyone Slaughters you for nothing. And My Parents wont accept that you, an Imagine Cup Finalist, got 80 in 10th:) Keep goin and hope u win.

Saurabh said...

Umm ... I might be kinda contradicting myself ... but don't throw the marks off just yet ...

I'm doing Engg ... and in my final year ... as of now, I have an aggregate of some 65% ... all the years combined ...

When the companies come ... they will only allow the students with 58% and above ... and some even 60% and above ... to sit for the interview or the test ...

So, you should do consistently well ...
Keep a first class with disti ... always ... There is really no use to come first in class or something ...

Just do your stuff and be really good at it :)

And best of luck this year ...
Is kinda important ...

- Saurabh