My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit -- http://blog.saurabhj.com and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 23, 2004

Spiderman 2

Finally got to catch Spidey 2 today ...
Had been wanting to do so since the day it released ... but was waiting for the ticket prices to drop at INOX ... imagine paying 130 bucks even for the morning show ...
Anyways, a month later, it did drop, and I did get to see the movie ...

I had watched Spiderman 1 at home on a crappy VCD print ... probably why I did not like the movie that much ...
But I did like Spiderman over other superhero movies ... batman is very dark and superman ... well ... just flies around ...
What made Spiderman different for me from the other super heroes is his diffent style of transportation ... his swinging abilities ... look very cool and also the fact that Tobey Macguire fits the bill to play the teenage guy next door very well ...
He has his own share of problems ... like every one of us ... and we can identify with him the best ...

In both the movies, Aunt May and Uncle Ben were very sincere to their characters ... and Kirsten Dunst, who plays MJ, atleast according to me was very mediocre ...
This leaves us with Harry Osborne who was pretty good in the second movie atleast ...

As compared to Seabiscuit, I found Tobey Macguire was very good in this movie and was more convincing ... maybe for the fact that I could identify with his character initially in the movie, when his life is as bad as it can get ...
The emotions ... for being responsible for his uncle's death were also very well portrayed ...

The CG in the movie is one of the best that I have seen ever ...
Dr. Octopus looked very believable and his arms are integrated quite seemlessly ...

The action sequences are very intense ... kept me on the edge of my seat ...
Many of my friends found the movie slow ... as compared to the first movie ...
What they missed out, I feel, is the connection ... the emotions being portrayed ...

The movie definitely has a better story line and is more topsy turvy ...
I found, the fact that Spiderman gets stripped off his mask ... naked to the whole world ... too brilliant ... It added to the story and made you stick to your seat ...
Hadn't this been there, there wouldn't have been much of a difference between the two movies ...
Now, c'mon ... all the other superheroes have their own secret identities ... I found this particular part very smart ...

This movie has its share of technical snags ... which I would not like to enumerate in case you haven't seen the movie yet ... but the movie, as a whole, more than makes up for it ...

The entire series, I feel has gone the LOTR way ...
The fellowship was good ... Two towers better and the Return of the King simply blew my mind ...
One of the few movies which improve with time ...

Spidey 2 has done it this time ... Waiting to watch what Spidey 3 would have in store ...
Until then, we have I, Robot, Village and Shrek 2 to go ...

Go Spidey !

No comments: