My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit -- http://blog.saurabhj.com and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Some CD Flak ...

Have you ever wondered ... why the Principal is the dumbest guy in the college ?
He never seems to make a right decision ... atleast not from your POV ...

In my entire life, I've had exactly 3 principals ... 2 at school and 1 now ...
The problem with Principals is that they are very, very old ...

Talk about the generation gap !!!

I didnt have much problem with my school principals ... its the college one who is bothering me a bit ... mostly on the CD issue ...

Firstly, I was pretty much forced into making the CD Magazine ... which I knew from day one ... was going to be a pretty crappy job ...

Then the changes ... thousands of it ...
Actually, it took more time implementing the changes than making the actual CD ...

Throughout the entire process ... I always updated a few fellow companions with the CD .. how much it was done ... and they all gave me the ok tag ... just to make sure that I wasn't getting carried away ...

And, when we give the Princi to see the CD ... for one whole day ... he doesn't ... and then last minute ... more changes ...
And very, very stupid ones at that ...

And in my college ... the second you have to do something for the college ... you are completely screwed ...
You go to play for the college, take part in a contest ... even if you win ... no attendance ...
On top of that, they expect you to have completed all the assignments on time ...

The biggest burn was when we organised an Inter Collegiate Event ...
People who went to put up posters and announce the event in other colleges ( which is a necessity for any event ) were conveniently put up in the defaulters list ...

Too much restriction and the staff want to get involved in everything that we do ... even though it does not really concern them ...

When recently, we were at MIT-WEC for a game development contest ( which we won ... :) ) , the vice principal actually came, sat with the participants and asked us for suggestions as how the contest should have been and areas for improvement ...
Now, thats how staff should be ...

2 comments:

jomy said...

Ya , seriously ....
I remember the vice-princi during my brief stay at MIT-WEC .

If not anything , he managed to say something in understandable english !!!
He was a real cool person , imagine he almost had a friendly fight with me in his office , regarding whether i should change classrooms or not , since I was a new student!!!!

And wtf is the "Published By... " on the cd cover ???
lol !!!

Saurabh said...

Hehe ...
The principal wanted to put that thing inside the CD ...
But somehow, Patil ( thankfully ) talked him out of it ...

Actually that means that he is paying for the CD and is responsible for it being published ...

What it means to me is that he is responsible for any mistake that I made ...
For example ... if I had by mistake put a full version of Norton AV on the CD ... he would get screwed for it ...
and would actually end up buying 1000 licences :) ...

- Saurabh