My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit -- http://blog.saurabhj.com and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Those darn spammers ...

Actually, the title should have been ... "Those spamming bastards ... " ... but I thought it'd draw a lot of attention ...

I don't really get it ...
I mean, what is with these people ?
How can anyone in their right mind, send millions of emails to people daily and expect to sell a product ?

I've been using email regularly since the time I knew Internet existed ... and still have my very first email address at yahoo ... which is n...

I get about 50 junk mails a day on that account ... which Yahoo mostly filters out ...
But, Yahoo's filtering rejection ratio is pretty high ... and sometimes, legitimate messages get thrashed out ...

I primarily use gmail now ... which is an awesome service ... with tonnes of free goodies ( which I hope stays that way ) and also another service called myrealbox ...
Both give me POP access ( which lets you download messages to your Outlook Express )

Sometime ago, when I had my own domain name ( tidesigns.com ), I would get about 170 spam messages a day ... that too in a mailbox which I was paying for ...
Had to use a filtering software and most of the time, was just deleting all the email ...

I cant believe, people still post their complete email addresses in posts or websites ...
If at all necessary ... put your email up like : abc_at_yahoo.com ...
This way, there are less chances for email reepers to get your mail and you to get spammed ...

Also, report spam if your mail service provider allows ... so that everyone is benefitted ...
And the best precaution is to use a completely different email address for signing up ...
Sigh ...

No comments: